Company: Civil Solutions Associates
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Civil Solutions Associates is searching for a geotechnical engineer to manage projects in our Cincinnati office. Please upload a copy of your resume in PDF or WORD format if you meet the minimum requirements listed below.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Engineering
SUMMARY: CSA Project Engineers will work mainly within the Engineering Department in a civil design and drafting, project management, and field service support capacity. Project Engineers will design and prepare plans and specifications for projects such as retaining walls, temporary earth retention systems, slope remediation, deep foundation systems, and other geotechnical repairs. Project Engineers will assist in all project phases from initial client contact and proposal preparation to invoicing and delivery of goods/services. Project Engineers will collaborate with the Construction Department to provide solutions for design-build projects. Project Engineers may also perform and coordinate field work, testing and monitoring services, and other onsite duties in conjunction with Field Services when necessary. CSA Project Engineers report directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
- A B.S. or M.S. in civil engineering (other degrees considered at the discretion of VP)
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a civil engineering and/or construction environment (advanced education, unpaid internships, or co-ops may substitute for experience at the discretion of VP)
- 1-2 years of CAD experience
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to travel locally in the Greater Cincinnati and Tristate Area
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors, team members, and executives
- Ability to learn new and complex software programs
- OSHA certification preferred
- Pursuit of EIT and/or PE designation preferred
- Assist in the coordination and management of the successful execution of engineering projects through collaboration with clients, coworkers, and subcontractors
- Assist in developing safe, innovative, and cost-effective geotechnical design solutions for clients
- Create and update engineered drawings using AutoCAD, Carlson, and/or other software
- Perform calculations using a variety of design software
- Assist in preparing geotechnical recommendation letters and reports
- Prepare and submit daily reports for any work performed on a job site
- Provide revenue/billing projections for ongoing jobs
- Contact clients via phone and email to discuss potential and ongoing projects
- Prepare and submit written proposals for new work
- Work collaboratively with other CSA departments and staff to complete SOQs, bid packages, and cost estimates
- Interpret and explain contracts, scopes, plans, and technical details to internal and external contacts
- Prepare and submit monthly project invoicing
- Ensure coordination and completion of documents necessary to facilitate timely invoicing and/or vendor payment
- Prepare and submit contracts, subcontracts, and/or change orders for approval
- Create and edit spreadsheets for project data
- Practice and enforce safety policies
- Foster relationships with future clients and vendors
- Nurture relationships with existing clients
- Cultivate business opportunities with new clients
- Actively seek and follow up on new leads and upcoming projects
- Perform work in a productive and ethical fashion
Recruiters are not invited to contact this job posting.
Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
CSA is an E-verify Employer.
Civil Solutions Associates is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status.
For more information: